top of page
Image by Tom Chen


Talking about the cost and affordability

University-owned accommodation is comparatively cheaper than renting a property.

One should select a location from where it is easy to commute to the campus, or else you will have to spend more time and money on traveling every day.

Geographic bifurcation:

The cost of living is higher in London and South East England compared to the rest of England and Northern Ireland, Scotland, and Wales.

Hence accommodation at Universities in London would cost more than the accommodation at Universities in Edinburgh, Oxford, Liverpool. Leicester etc.

As a single student living in the UK, the average weekly budget including rent should be approximately £240.89 i.e. ₹24,089.

However, you can certainly live off of less/more than that depending on the flat you are renting.

  1. Tuition Fees Undergraduate: £10,000 - £30,000 per year for full-time courses (₹10,00,000-₹30,00,000)

  2. Postgraduate: £10000 -£30000 (₹10,00,000-₹30,00,000)

  3. Tier 4 Visa: £348 (₹34,800)

  4. Accommodation: £350 to £550 (₹35000 – ₹55000) per month

  5. Travel: £90 (₹9,000) monthly

  6. Food: £200 (₹20,000) monthly

  7. Clothing and Leisure: £75 (₹7,500) monthly

  8. Telephone and Mobile: £30 (₹3,000) monthly

On-Campus Accommadation

Living in a foreign land might ignite a sense of fear and discomfort. However, it’s time to put all your worries aside as we will assist you with the whole process.

First-year undergraduate and PG students are generally guaranteed accommodation by universities in the UK. It can be on-campus or off-campus. After one year, students have the liberty and choice to either continue with the university accommodation or move out to live with friends.

Factors affecting the rent rate in the UK:

  • Location of stay

  • Type of property

  • Furnished or not

  • Catered or self-catered

  • Number of people sharing

Off-Campus Accommodation

Students can look for university-owned accommodation or private-owned accommodation if they plan for off-campus accommodation.

Private properties are generally owned by private individuals or registered housing agencies.

Rooms - You can rent out rooms in a house or building, for a single person or for more people. The rent amount heavily depends on the location.

Flats/Apartments - You can rent an entire apartment with multiple rooms as well as a kitchen, bathroom, and other facilities.

Studio apartments - You can rent a studio apartment where the bedroom, kitchen and living area are in a single space.

Houses - You can rent an entire house complete with multiple bedrooms, bathrooms, and a kitchen, living area, yard, etc where you can live with a number of people.

Homestays - You can live with a family in the UK if you do not want to manage everything on your own. Host families take in International students, charge some amount and provide for your stay and food.

Accommodation in UK: Text

Study in UK


Educational Loan

Accommodation in UK: Services
bottom of page